Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

A Viewer Writes: Puppy Mill

I was out of the country when this news broke about the puppy mill. So let me get this straight the people who had these dogs had been charged before, our Humane Society was contacted and notified that these people needed to be watched, and then last week the dogs were found. What I would like to know is what is going to happen to the EMPOLYEE! that was supposed to be checking on the conditions?? These dogs didn't get that way over night! I use to be a dog groomer and it would take years for those dogs to look like the pictures I have seen. When I was traveling through a small town in Mexico I saw filthy conditions in which people, children, and their pets lived. As my bus was passing by a hut and there were two dogs tied to a pole, a child was hitting one dog with a palm branch. I was so angry I wanted to yell "STOP THE BUS SO I CAN BEAT THAT CHILD" I couldn't get the image out of my mind for the rest of the day. Then I come home to my country and find out about the dogs in Eden. I am just so angry and saddened. I have the utmost respect for anyone who is helping these dogs God Bless you all. I also believe there will be a special horrific place in hell for anyone who would do such a thing to animals. Thanks for listening.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. The agencies who were informed of these people need to be held accountable too. Sen Mathias is going to introduce stiffer legislation and I applaud him. But the fact remains we already have some laws in place that could have prevented this and no one bothered enforcing them. Laws are meaningless when those tasked with enforcing them can't be bothered. One is a federal law that required them to register w/the USDA. They didn't register and not anyone from animal control or the humane society noticed.

Anonymous said...

I just can't wrap my head around the fact there were people who knew these animals were suffering and these people could still sleep at night. The discovery of these poor creatures have certainly caused some sleeplessness nights for me. I can't fathom knowing it beforehand and staying silent.

Anonymous said...

Maybe this county needs an investigator/enforcement officer instead of just a dog catcher. Although we aren't surrounded by puppy mills, there are animals all over our area that are exposed to abuse and inhumane treatment.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were in Somerset county. Not everybody in the world treats animals like humans. Get over it!

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more.

LadyLiddy said...

9:46 - You get over it! You, as a human, are NOT special! Should we not worry about humans being abused? Abuse of any living creature is horrible.

Anonymous said...

Yes, There should be answers brought forth &
charges placed against THOSE WHO FAILED TO
respond to the public complaints of this Mill!!
It makes me Sick to my stomach! Believe me
people, they knew what was going on there &
they didn't want to get their hands dirty.
Just think----one of these responsible people has gone
from HS Director to Animal Control. A C must
have been pushed pretty hard to make a move
to help!
If they treat animals like this----they have
no respect for humans either!

Anonymous said...

Take your Zanax old lady.

Anonymous said...

12:03 my thoughts exactly.

Anonymous said...

Get david Fitzgareld officer kimberly monar out of there she just wants to hang out in the office anyway and smoke cigarettes all day and not answer the phone Fitzgareld just wants a bigger phone