Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Sheriff Arpaio: Protesters Who Obstructed Trump’s Speech Were Jailed

Anti-Donald Trump protesters blocked traffic in both directions on a roadway in Arizona, near the town of Fountain Hills, where the GOP frontrunner held a rally on Saturday.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who is in charge of law enforcement for the area, joined FOX Business Network’s Stuart Varney and explained what happened to the demonstrators after they were arrested.

“Well, they probably were released on bond, what else is new,” Arpaio said. “I was there to also introduce Donald Trump like I’ve done several times before, and if they think they’re going to disrupt that rally, I got news for them—they tried and they’re in jail where they belong.”

More

8 comments:

Embarassed Ex-Illinoisian said...

'Nuff said, Sheriff Joe! Jail them for first amendment rights violations. (That's a Federal charge, right?} bulldoze their cars off the road and on with the rally!

Too bad Chicago only wanted to blame Trump... What a loser city. Too Democrat for me.

John said...

Thats not a federal charge. The first amendment only applies to the government, not individuals.

Anonymous said...

12:11 Are saying that I have no 1st amendment rights?

Anonymous said...

And in their tiny world, they are now tiny martyrs.

Steve said...

12:11 John, the Constitution is a Federal document and is the law of the land founding our Country. Are you claiming that only the government has free speech?

You have a sickness only Democrats are known to have.

Wake up, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Let them be martyrs.

John said...

No, I was saying only the government can infringe on your first amendment rights, individuals can not be charged with violating the first amendment.

Anonymous said...

9:43 WRONG, I got charged and fined for excersing my 1st. amendment right to free speech.
I told the Judge in Divorce court exactly what I thought he was doing to me, and got fined and jailed for contempt of court. So much for free speech!