Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, March 26, 2016

12 REASONS KIDS FROM THE '60S AND '70S SHOULDN'T BE ALIVE RIGHT NOW

DO YOU EVER LOOK BACK ON YOUR CHILDHOOD AND THINK, "HOW DID I MAKE IT OUT ALIVE?"

If you grew up in the 1960s or 1970s, then you know how relaxed everything used to be. Our parents never forced us to wear seatbelts, we pretty much ate whatever we wanted, and were given way more responsibiity than we should have been given. It's a little sad kids today won't get to experience half the things we did, but looking back, there's a good reason why they won't.

Were these 12 things we did as kids kind of dangerous? Yeah, maybe some of it was.

PLAYING WITH DANGEROUS TOYS

Parents were a lot more liberal with what they would let us play with. Forget about choking hazards, we're talking hot plates, noxious odors and sharp metal objects. It's a wonder how we made it out of the decade intact.

More

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back then we were allowed to use our brain .

Anonymous said...

Missing is exposure to chemicals and other stuff, like asbestos. Our parents thought nothing of using bug spray like air freshener. (Look, honey, it kills those flies and it smells so good!)

Anonymous said...

Many of us aren't alive for just those reasons.

Anonymous said...

It's sad that today's kids live such sheltered, structured lives. They don't get to just be kids.

Anonymous said...

Especially at dinnertime.

Anonymous said...

True,people back then sure were stupid.We pretty much raised ourselves.

Anonymous said...

Are u kidding me 3:37???
1/3 of the KIDS of Today are raising
themselves.===there's no respect for
others, no feelings, no manners, no
moral or values !
God Help the USA

Gerald said...

I learned when I touched my Creepy Crawler cooker or a mold that was hot, I got burnt, so i didn't touch it after that.
I learned not to touch my woodburning iron when it was smoking, I got burned fingers.
I played with a chemistry set, blew up things with the gunpowder I made.
Drank from the hose, rode my bike without a helmet, rode in the front set on my moms lap.
Played army with BB guns, shooting at each other, we even played in the front yard during rain storms!

Guess I am lucky to be alive.

Anonymous said...

Wait until Islam comes to America.