Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Chick-fil-A flap rocks another American university

The war on poultry rages on yet another public university campus – this time at the University of Nebraska – Kearney.

The hullabaloo started last January when students were asked to select a new dining option for the student union. Their choices included Chick-fil-A, Panda Express, IHOP, A&W and Sbarro.

The youngsters chose Chick-fil-A – in a landslide. I mean, who doesn’t love a plump juicy chicken breast tucked between hot, buttered buns?

However, it turns out majority does not rule at the University of Nebraska – Kearney. A vocal minority pitched a fit and demanded that Chick-fil-A be banished from campus.

Among those opposed to the chicken restaurant were members of the university’sQueer Straight Alliance (QSA).

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to campus run snack bars that employed the students that are on work/study programs as part of their financial aid packets? Not profitable I guess.
To be honest, I'm surprised the Vegan/NonGMO/FreeRangeOnly student alliance didn't pitch a fit.

Anonymous said...

LGBTQ my God don't forget the "Q". Makes me sick that political correctness has taken over. Let me guess A&W they have the one pound weiner.

Oh well I will never spend a dime at Nebraska. Nebraska CornHolers. I mean Huskers.

Anonymous said...

Did Congress make a law there regarding the practice of religion? I don't think so. So, what's the flap?

Anonymous said...

Time to stop the stupidity. Trump 2016

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Time to stop the stupidity.

February 24, 2016 at 6:51 PM

yes please do