Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, January 28, 2016

BACKDOOR GUN CONTROL: DOCTORS – NOT PSYCHOLOGISTS – TO SCREEN ALL ADULTS FOR DEPRESSION

State police already confiscated veteran's guns over insomnia

All doctors – not just psychiatrists – should screen adults for depression, according to a government task force, a recommendation which opens the door to backdoor gun control.

The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force said that health workers should ask patients questions to determine if they have symptoms of depression, even if the patients don’t initially bring them up.

“The USPSTF recommends screening in all adults regardless of risk factors,” the task force paper stated.

More

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup. Just like the Soviets. Anyone declared an enemy of the state was labelled psychologically unfit. Oldest trick in the book. Don't agree with us? you must be nuts! No guns for you!

Anonymous said...

This will end up being a five question screening tool. One positive and you're seen as clinically depressed by the government.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, my doctor has already asked me if I own any guns. I told her that it is none of her business.

Anonymous said...

I'm depressed by the government...D'OH.

Anonymous said...

Never give information on guns to anyone including doctors---I am a doctor and would never ask--and would be offended if someone asked me.. I have instructed my entire family to refuse to discuss anything like those questions. If the doctor persists--just leave plain and simple...

Anonymous said...

My child's pediatrician made us answer if we owned any guns. We were told we could decline to answer, but if we did, we couldn't use their practice.

What business is it of theirs, and what does my right to own fire arms have any bearing on my children's health?

This is not good.

Anonymous said...

My doctor asked me if I ever felt depressed. I told her only when I look in my wallet. That was end of conversation.

Anonymous said...

I tell them that I own several guns. A nail gun, a flare gun, a caulk gun and a water gun. Same answer I give to police when they ask if i have any guns in my truck.

Anonymous said...

How did they make you? Water boarding? Give me a break....you're just another sheep.

Anonymous said...

The drug companies want more people diagnosed with depression so they can push their medications to the doctor's offices.

Anonymous said...

Which will make people who need help for depression lie about it. That is bad news.

Anonymous said...

There is NO law to say you must answer any questions. Just refuse to answer and tell all your family and friends. period