Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, November 07, 2015

Letter To The Editor 11-7-15

So…I'm not one to "bitch and complain" (too much), but I just need to vent!! Sorry this is sorta long. So...I went to Wal-Mart this morning to get some stuff. I noticed this lady was staring at me in the same aisle I was in. No biggie. I moved to the next aisle and here she comes. Again…STARING!! So now I'm like "what is her problem"?! I was partially annoyed, partially nervous. I finish up my shopping and head to the check out line. Guess who is there ahead of me in line…this same lady!! She turns around and starts staring again. WTH?! Now I start playing with my phone so I don't have to look at her. Finally, she says "I want to apologize for staring at you, but you look just like my daughter who recently passed away." DOH!! I felt like an idiot and felt really bad after that. I gave her my condolences. She says "Thank you...but I have a favor to ask. I know it's weird and I understand if you don't want to, but can you just give me a hug and say 'Bye Mama' to me?"...WHAT?! Inside I am like NO WAY?!??! But, understanding grief the way that I do, I went ahead and did it. She smiles, thanks me, and leaves. The cashier rings up my stuff and the total comes out to $100.84. I knew something wasn't right, because it should have been around $40 or so. The cashier then tells me that my total was included with my MOM's stuff. WHAT?!?! She said, "Your mom said you were paying for her last few items along with your things". I told her that the woman was most definitely NOT my mom. She said, well I saw you hug her and heard you call her "mama". I freaked out...I flew out of the store looking for this crazy lady!! I see her loading up her car…she saw me and jumped in her car, I got to her just as she was putting her leg in, and I started pulling her leg...just like I'm pulling yours right now!! hahahahahahaha!!!!
OK…I couldn't resist…a friend posted this on her wall and she got me GOOD, so I had to share it. Have A Great Saturday!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm.......ok.

Anonymous said...

And in this society you think that is FUNNY! In this world that could easily be so real!