Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, September 11, 2015

World’s first head transplant patient schedules procedure for 2017

A man set to become the world’s first head transplant patient has scheduled the procedure for December 2017.

Valery Spiridonov, 30, was diagnosed with a genetic muscle-wasting condition called Werdnig-Hoffmann disease, and volunteered for the procedure despite the risks involved, Central European News (CEN) reported.

“When I realized that I could participate in something really big and important, I had no doubt left in my mind and started to work in this direction,” Spiridonov, a Russian computer scientist, told CEN. “The only thing I feel is the sense of pleasant impatience, like I have been preparing for something important all my life and it is starting to happen.”

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Byeeeeeeeeeee

pa said...

Weekend at bernies.

Anonymous said...

Lmao. I bet he did. And he will again. He may go for it after his last breath.

Anonymous said...

So, he'll have to wait for a victim shot in the head? He'll wind up as a white head in a black body? Good luck with that!

Anonymous said...

Plenty of black lives matter bodys available.