Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, September 11, 2015

Trump: If I Win I Guarantee Iran Will Return Four Americans

Donald Trump said on Capitol Hill Wednesday that if he is elected president, four American citizens imprisoned or missing in Iran will be back in the United States – “before I ever take office.”

Addressing a Tea Party Patriots-organized rally, the billionaire businessman railed against those who negotiated the nuclear agreement with Iran, saying, “Never, ever, ever in my life have I seen any transaction so incompetently negotiated as our deal with Iran. And I mean never.”

And in highlighting what he views as weaknesses in the agreement, the Republican presidential hopeful alluded to the fact the Obama administration had not tied the deal to the fate of Saeed Abedini, Amir Hekmati, Jason Rezaian and Bob Levinson.

“We have four wonderful people over there,” he said, “and frankly, they’re never going to come back with this group,” he added, apparently referring to the administration.

“And I will say this,” Trump continued. “If I win the presidency, I guarantee you that those four prisoners are back in our country before I ever take office. I guarantee that.

“They will be back before I ever take office, because they [the Iranians] know that that’s what has to happen, okay? They know it, and if they don’t know it, I’m telling them right now,” he added.

More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...


Here we go with impossible campaign promises.Make him our President you'll see.

Anonymous said...

This guy is a joke.

Anonymous said...

You understimate him.

Anonymous said...

I understand the sentiment expressed by 10:02 and 10:17,but if he is elected his Administration will be a combination of issues he can fix and issues he can't fix.I really like the fact that he openly discusses topics that the other candidates won't touch.The fact that he addresses these things,(like the 4 prisoners)tells me that he will do something,and anything at all is better than nothing.Wouldn't it be nice if politicians and political hopefuls didn't have to telegraph their intentions and alert the whole world to their plans? Can't anyone just do something without blabbing it first? Just do it and tell us about it later.

Anonymous said...

His guarantee is about as good as the obligations he bankrupted on.

Anonymous said...

Good way for Iran to ease the ass whooping that Trump will bring. The world sees the US has gone soft. We are a joke. But the American people also have realized this and we are taking a stand. We will take our country back. The first people to see the wrath will be Iran. Then the illegal criminals in this country. Once Trump deals with them the world will see that AMERICA is back. The God fearing superpower of the world is back!

Anonymous said...

Getting our people back should have been first on the agenda. As Trump said, walk away from the table if they are not released. Trump talks out of his butt on some things, but I do think he would have gotten us a better deal. I also think he will be smart enough to find smart people to take care of issues he doesn't understand - IF he becomes President.