Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, September 03, 2015

School shooter texted 'I'm sorry' to family before killings

SEATTLE — Minutes before a Washington state high school freshman fatally shot four friends and then himself, he sent a group text message to his family outlining his funeral wishes and apologizing to the parents of the teenagers he was about to kill.

"I love you family. I really do. More than anything," Jaylen Fryberg said two minutes before opening fire in the cafeteria of Marysville-Pilchuck High School. "I needed to do this tho... I wasn't happy. And I need my crew with me too. I'm sorry. I love you."

Among the more than 2,200 pages of investigative documents released Tuesday by Snohomish County authorities were emotional interviews with the 15-year-old's classmates, many of whom were just feet away when Fryberg began shooting Oct. 24 during the school's first lunch period.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evil is among us in every form. The horror, but guns are for protection from the likes of sick fools like him. It could be poison, a bomb, fire, The weapon matters NOT. ITS the black hearts of the evil demons among us.

Anonymous said...

People kill people just like the Confederate Flag didn't kill anyone. This country is so full of hate and mental problems. What do you expect when you have a country full of liberals that think it's Ok for a man to stick his penis in another mans rectum and get married and be proud of it. This is a SICK country with some serious mental issues.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure glad he didn't hate them.