Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, September 21, 2015

Dad's 911 call: "I just drowned my two daughters"

DURHAM, N.C. -- A North Carolina man tried to drown his three children in a pond at an apartment complex and then begged a 911 dispatcher to send help, sobbing as he explained that authorities were trying to take them away, according to emergency calls released Monday.

Alan Tysheen Eugene Lassiter, 29, is charged with three counts of attempted murder and is jailed on a bond of $2 million, according to the Durham County Jail. His 3- and 5-year-old daughters who had to be rescued from the water remain hospitalized following the Sunday night incident. His 7-year-old son escaped and ran for help, police said.

"Please send an ambulance. My daughters are in the lake, drowning. Both of my young daughters," the distraught man tells a dispatcher as he tries to explain where he is so police can come help. Later in the call, he tells a bystander: "I just drowned my two daughters in the lake back there."

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad, and the children will have to live with the horror the rest of their lives. He obviously has mental problems.

Anonymous said...

And if the young boy had not escaped would he have placed the call?

Anonymous said...

Durham is a bad bad area. I moved here from ocean city a couple of years ago and wish I hadn't. I'm about 2 miles outside of the city in a relatively safe area but its crazy to think of all the crime going on right down the road.

Anonymous said...

Durham is a city 10X the size of Ocean City and still has less crime.