Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Richard Douglas considering a run for Senate

WASHINGTON -- Richard J. Douglas, a former Pentagon official who ran unsuccessfully for Senate in 2012, said Monday he is exploring another bid for the job next year -- becoming the second Republican to consider a campaign for the open seat.

Douglas, a 58-year-old College Park resident, served as a Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense under President George W. Bush and spent five years on Capitol Hill as a senior attorney to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and the Senate Intelligence Committee.

He lost his race for the GOP Senate nomination to Dan Bongino in 2012 by just under 9,000 votes.

"These times demand a mastery of Senate rules and the subject matter," Douglas, an Iraq veteran and attorney, said in a statement. "They require tenacity to overcome inertia and Senate unwillingness to assert itself in policies defining the nation. If the Senate fails we fail. I aim to prevent that."

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I would prefer to support Richard Douglas over that gay guy Chrys Kefalas.... just saying!

Anonymous said...

I don't trust anyone who has worked for a Democreant like Eric Holden. The boy is gay and then we find out he worked for Eric Holden. I think we would have some trust issues here with this Chrys Kefalas. I was supporting Chrys Kefalas when I met him last week, but I got a feeling then that he was a lost ball in tall grass. The only thing he wanted to tell me was that he used to go down to Crisfield to buy seafood so his families business could stay afloat. I think he was trying his best to sell himself with some sort of local connection. He was boring to listen to. I thought it was funny watching an older gay guy trying to steal all his time. I think the old guy was trying to hook up. lol.

Now back to my first concern, he worked for Eric Holden. What good Republican could stomach being around the criminal Eric Holden. Don't be soft and jump on that Rainbow bandwagon. If you have another candidate like an Iraq War Veteran you better support him. Richard Douglas for me!