Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

AFSCME endorsed candidate Sheila Hill wins trustee election

Long-time Trustee elected to retiree seat on Maryland State Pension and Retirement System Board
Baltimore – The Maryland State Retirement Agency Board of Trustees today announced Sheila I. Hill has won
election as Trustee to represent active and retired employees participating in the state’s retirement system.

Sheila Hill received 6,702 votes (75.2%). Her opponent Linda Day received 2,209 votes (24.8%).

“I am humbled by and grateful for the support of state employees and retirees. I look forward to working
with my fellow Trustees to give workers a voice as we help manage our multi-billion dollar investments
and adopt actuarial assumptions to protect our pension fund”, said Hill.
Hill was endorsed by the American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees (Council 3,
Council 67, Local 2250 and Retiree Chapter 1) and the State Law Enforcement Officers Labor Alliance. 

Hill served as a correctional officer at Patuxent Institution for twenty five years and was elected
to three terms as Trustee as an active employee before retiring from the State of Maryland in 2012.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AFSCME IS A JOKE! They are nothing more than a branch of the democratic party. State employees were forced into this illegal union. We didn't vote this union in. It was forced on us by the O'Malley administration! They don't represent me or any other state employee. They talk a good game, but take my money and do nothing. I am a paying non member of this union and I would like to have the money that has been stolen from me out of my paycheck which now totals over a few thousand dollars!

Anonymous said...

Illegal union forced on state employees by the O'Malley administration! Just a branch of the democratic party!

Anonymous said...

You are right. I work for state of Delaware and it's the same thing. You have to join and you should see the pigs who represent us.they need a union otherwise they wouldn't have a job.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, darn! You folks don't sound too happy!

-Republican Private Businessman.

Life is something to enjoy, and serving my fellows has become very enjoyable for both of us!

Sorry for your life choice, but I'm not going down with you...