Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, July 25, 2015

A Viewer Writes: Mediacom's new privacy policy

Ever wonder how our phone number gets on telemarketers' lists? With our last Mediacom bill, I noticed an insert that said the enclosed revised privacy policy (dated June, 2015) would allow their disclosure of lists containing subscribers names and addresses to third parties for marketing and other purposes, but we had a right to opt out. Normally I would have tossed all the inserts and privacy policy without reading them. The opt-out involved finding the form on the six-page tiny print tri-fold Privacy Policy. There were two boxes to check: remove me from mailing lists and other voluntary disclosures of my name and address to third parties for non-cable purposes, and (2) please remove my phone number from any lists to market communications-related products or services that are outside of the category of services to which I subscribe. Then we were not to return the form with the payment. There was a separate address or a phone number to call.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this info.

Anonymous said...

so why check the boxes if you have to make a phone call?

Anonymous said...

I have one person that calls over 7 times a day, Seriously! You best believe I will be calling Mediacom!