Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, March 14, 2015

A Decatur ‘Icon That Will Be Missed By All’; Beloved High School Teacher To Retire In June

BERLIN – Gwen Lehman never set out to become a teacher.

When she graduated from Hood College in 1968, she saw herself making a living as a writer. The senatorial scholarship she had received, however, committed her to two years in the classroom first.

A few months of teaching high school English convinced her that wasn’t such a bad thing.

“I just loved it,” she said. “It was a wonderful experience. I thought, I like it and I seem to have a flair for it. I might as well try it at least for a couple years. A couple turned into 46.”

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of a kind. She will be missed!!!