Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, February 13, 2015

Smoking's Death Toll May Be Higher Than Anyone Knew

The U.S. Surgeon General lists 21 deadly diseases that are caused by smoking. Now, a study in this week's New England Journal of Medicine points to more than a dozen other diseases that apparently add to the tobacco death toll.

To arrive at this conclusion, scientists from the American Cancer Society, the National Cancer Institute and several universities tracked nearly a million people for a decade and recorded their causes of death.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I had a 5 way bypass BEFORE I became a victim. Little doubt that I was a victim but a lot of evidence That told me I was dead meat very shortly. It worked in that I had quit many years before. Really was't that hard and do get relapses. The bypass corrected past damage before it killed me.

Anonymous said...

I hope Obama is added to the smoking death toll soon!