Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, February 09, 2015

Samantha Jones: Why I Defended 'Pledge of Allegiance'

When I heard about a group of atheists suing to silence every New Jersey school kid who wished to say the Pledge of Allegiance in its entirety, including the words “under God,” I knew I had to do something.

That’s why my family and I decided to defend the Pledge in court. We believe in doing so we are not only standing for the Pledge but also protecting our freedoms as Americans, and our ability to celebrate those freedoms everywhere including in school. And the judge just agreed with us. He dismissed the American Humanist Association’s lawsuit because our legal system doesn’t force kids into silence just because some others take offense at timeless American values.

Keep reading..

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and you're faimly rock.

Anonymous said...

We ALL need to stand up for our rights or soon we won't have any.

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that people are starting to stand up tho the humanist/atheist/ACLU bullying and calling it what it is.
BRAVO!!

Most of it is based on a false premise that the Constitution forbids religious expression on public property. The Constitution does NOT say that.
In fact, that is CONTRARY to what it actually says.

Samantha gets it. You go, girl!

Anonymous said...

This is good. God bless young people standing up for what’s right. Of course some liberal judge will come along and reverse the decision, sort of what we are seeing with same sex marriage.

Anonymous said...

If America is so great why do you need your citizens to pledge allegiance to it? When I grew up during school you demanded it before I even understood what it meant. Now as an adult I see through the brainwashing and whitewashing of evil and stand as a defiant peg in the middle of your patriotic bliss. I know I'm effective because the same freedoms you claim you have are taken from me when I post something not deemed "acceptable".
Old America is dead, and all the propaganda in the world won't bring it back.

Anonymous said...

The great thing about America is the freedoms we enjoy. Although they are becoming fewer and fewer with each passing administration at least a few still exist. Therein lies the problem. Yes, you have the right to worship, to believe in whatever you like but I also have the right not to have to listen to it. If your have faith I respect that but keep your prayers to yourself. If with to recite the pledge, go for it...to yourself. I respect your freedoms, respect mine. You may believe in God, I do not. I don't expect you to come around to my way of thinking so I won't try. Please reciprocate by not assuming it's your right to shove your beliefs down my throat.

Anonymous said...

Or you to shove yours down my throat