Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Be Very Careful What You Wish For!

A man was sick and tired
of going to work every day
while his wife stayed home.
He wanted her to see what he went   
through so he prayed:

' Dear Lord:   
I go to work every day and put   
in 8 hours while my wife   
merely stays at home.   
I want her to know what   
I go through.   
So, please allow her body to   
switch with mine for a day.'


God, in his infinite wisdom,   
granted the man's wish.

The next morning, sure enough,   
the man awoke as a woman...   
He arose, cooked breakfast   
for his mate,   
Awakened the kids,  
 
Set out their school clothes,   
Fed them breakfast,   
Packed their lunches,   
Drove them to school,   
Came home and picked   
up the dry cleaning,   
Took it to the cleaners!
And stopped at the bank
   
to make a deposit.
 
 
Went grocery shopping,   
Then drove home to put
   
away the groceries.
    

Paid the bills and balanced
the check book.   
He cleaned the cat's litter box   
and bathed the dog.  

Then, it was already 1 P.M 
 
And he hurried to make the beds,   
Do the laundry, vacuum,   
Dust, And sweep and mop   
the kitchen floor.  

Ran to the school to pick up 
 
the kids and got into an argument   
with them on the way home.   
Set out milk and cookies and   
got the kids organized to do   
their homework.  

Then, set up the ironing board 
 
and watched TV while he   
did the ironing.   
At 4:30 he began peeling   
potatoes and washing   
vegetables for salad,   
breaded the pork chops   
and snapped   
fresh beans for supper.
 
After supper,   
He cleaned the kitchen,   
Ran the dishwasher,   
Folded laundry,   
Bathed the kids, And put   
them to bed.  

At 9 P.M. he was exhausted 
 
and, though his daily chores   
weren't finished, he went to   
bed where he was expected to   
make love, which he managed   
to get through without complaint.
 
The next morning, he awoke   
and immediately knelt by the
   
bed and said:
 
Lord, I don't know what   
I was thinking.   
I was so wrong to envy my   
wife's being able to stay   
home all day.   l  
Please!  Oh, Please!
Let us trade back.. Amen!'

The Lord, in his infinite wisdom, replied:
 
'My son, I feel you have   
learned your lesson and   
I will be happy to change   
things back to the way   
they were.   
You'll just have to wait   
nine months, though.   
You got pregnant last night.'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now this is good, I love it.

Anonymous said...

Good stuff!!

Anonymous said...

When I read the title, I thought the article would be about the past election.

Anonymous said...

Well, 11:41, it is about getting screwed...