Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Barbara Bush slams critics who say Jeb Bush is boring

During a Thursday talk on literacy in Texas, school children asked the former First Lady about her reading list and she couldn’t hide her dismay at her family’s treatment by the press.

Barbara Bush defended her second son, Jeb Bush, against claims the former Florida governor is boring.

During a Thursday talk on literacy in Texas, school children asked the former First Lady about her reading list and she couldn’t hide her dismay at her family’s treatment by the press.

“I don’t like any criticism of my family, so I can’t read a newspaper,” she revealed, “I read something today that ‘Jeb is boring. Well, try living with him,’” she quipped at the event hosted by the George Bush Presidential Library at Texas A&M.

She was likely referring to the San Francisco Chronicle column by Debra Saunders this week that declares, “Jeb Bush may be the front-runner in the GOP 2016 primary ... But Jeb Bush also has a problem: He is a boring speaker.”

More

6 comments:

Pete da Pirate said...

Truth is Jeb's an establishment neocon new American dreamer that will be no better than a Bob Dole. Rand Paul or Scott Walker are the best candidates so far.

Anonymous said...

After living the years of the Kennedy dynasty, I have no stomach for more self declared royal families. I agree that Walker would make some good new blood on Pennsylvania ave.

Anonymous said...

He is a bore But he IS smart.

Anonymous said...

He also likes Common Core, so he has lost my vote. Ben Carson for President!

ginn said...

He's a Bush, that's all I need to know. Barbara is just as blind to her boys' agenda as most of America is or., she's part of it.

Anonymous said...

7:17 I agree Ben Carson would be better,I can't wait for the debates.I like Carson and Scott Walker.I think Carson would pull a lot of black voters of course the left will try to paint him as an Uncle Tom.