Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Blacks Must Embrace Freedom, Learn, and Progress

I am a conservative. I believe in the truth of traditional values, of limited government, and free markets.

And I believe in personal freedom and that it is not possible without all the above.

Our country has been going in the opposite direction and things, predictably, have not been going well.

The American people spoke last Tuesday, and I am happy with what they had to say.

But I am also happy that we have, once again, proof that America is still a free country. That when the American people are not happy, they can vote for change.

This is a great thing.

But best is when we use this precious gift of freedom to learn and to grow.

Freedom means making inevitable mistakes, learning from them, changing and improving.

More

No comments: