Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 06, 2014

Phelps Decides To Enter In-Patient Program

Putting his swimming career on hold after his second DUI arrest, Olympic champion Michael Phelps began a six-week program Sunday that he said "will provide the help I need to better understand myself."

The winningest athlete in Olympic history made the announcement in a series of posts on his Twitter account.

According to his representatives at Octagon, Phelps entered an in-patient program that will keep him from competing at least through mid-November, though there's no indication he plans to give up swimming.

"The past few days have been extremely difficult," Phelps said in a statement. "I recognize that this is not my first lapse in judgment, and I am extremely disappointed with myself. I'm going to take some time away to attend a program that will provide the help I need to better understand myself.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, which inpatient rehab places have a pool?

Anonymous said...

Phelps, let me help you understand yourself:

Drink alcohol and you will feel better.

Drink too much alcohol, and you may wreck your car.

Drink a lot of alcohol and you may wish to call a cab.

Do you understand now?

Anonymous said...

I hope his ass spends time in jail. That's the only place he's going to find himself! What a waste.

Anonymous said...

typical defense strategy - just like walking into a courtroom with a bible.