Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, September 08, 2014

Obesity Rates Reach Historic Highs in More U.S. States

2013 adult obesity rate exceeds 20 percent in every state

Adult obesity rates increased in six U.S. states and fell in none last year, and in more states than ever — 20 — at least 30 percent of adults are obese, according to an analysis released on Thursday.

The conclusions were reported by the Trust for America’s Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and were based on federal government data. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Thursday that obesity rates ranged from 21.3 percent in Colorado to a high of 35.1 percent in Mississippi and West Virginia.

The highest prevalence of obesity was in the South (30.2 percent) and the Midwest (30.1 percent) followed by the Northeast (26.5 percent) and the West (24.9 percent), the CDC said.

Read more

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And some bash Michelle Obama for actually doing something to stop this epidemic.

Anonymous said...

High fructose corn syrup, avoid it at all cost. Check the label, this poison is in everything. Don't eat it!
It screws with the body making you eat more and more.

FAT DEMOCRAT VOTER said...

I LIKE TO EAT....

Anonymous said...

OK...I admit it...I am overweight. I will also say that I am not well most of the time. I try to get some exercise and the pain really gets to me. I then take a pain pill so I can sleep. I wake early in pain so I can get a walk before the heat is so high and I run into some punks that want to make fun of me because fat person walking. I'm still moving.. I'm still attempting to lose weight and eat properly. I discover I have an underlying medical problem that is causing my weight problem but that I am not going to be able to do anything about that overnight. I still push on and I still get bashed and made fun of at every turn. When I was young I never had these problems and they are still foreign to me now. I'm doing the best I can.