Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Letter To The Editor: LOWE'S SHOPPERS BE AWARE

Mr. Joe, 

I would like to share my today's experience with you and your readers. 

I needed to buy some lumber and Im a frequent LOWE'S Home Improvement customer and I like shopping there for my tools and materials. I live in Maryland, but not too far from Seaford, Delaware and since there is no sales tax and good prices, I went to LOWE'S Store in Seaford. 

They had everything I needed, so I bought about $122.00 worth of lumber and was pleased with my buying experience. 

But that changed when I walked outside to my vehicle. I have a Commercial Box Van Chevy Express and my back side door was swung wide open. Someone went inside my van while I was inside the store and stole my Craftsman Compressor! Mind you I was parked in Comercial Parking section near Lumber Dept. just 25 feet from the sliding door. I was in the store for 45 minutes and in that time someone went through my van because I found things out of order all over the place. I carry TWO TOOLBOXES inside and those were not stolen, maybe because they are too heavy to lift, but Compressor in the value of $250.00 was gone. 

Needless to say I called Seaford Police and they sent Police Officer who came shortly and wrote the report. 

I was also informed that earlier in the day, another gentleman, who was parked in the same spot, had hs 2 Nail Guns stolen out of his truck, while he was shopping inside the store. 

Anyways, I left my phone number with LOWE'S Customer Service. Later in the day I got a call from one of the Managers, telling me they have nothing showing on their cameras? What? How is that Possible?

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

not really worth $7-8 of tax you didn't pay….

Anonymous said...

Did it ever occur to you to lock your door???

Anonymous said...

why dont you lock your doors?

Anonymous said...

so where your doors locked?

Anonymous said...

Should have bought it at the Lowe's in Salisbury.

Anonymous said...

Cell phones make this a lot easier for thieves.So many people are on their cell phones these days that no one notices someone standing in the lobby or following them around in the store talking.Actually they are constantly communicating with the person breaking into your vehicle,apprising them of your every move.For that very reason,don't leave any vehicle unlocked regardless of where it is parked or how close to the building it is.Cell phones have completely changed the rules.

Anonymous said...

Sorry that you lost your stuff. But the contractor grade, hockey puck style locks, while not impenetrable are a big deterrent, especially in daylight.

And its likely Lowes did not change their data tapes. It does happen.

Anonymous said...

Nothing on the camera and an earlier person who parked in the same spot had items stolen out of his vehicle also? If so, then it's a store employee. Maybe someone is in loss prevention who knows what angles the cameras are aimed. Could be more than one person working in tandem-one watching the customer and the other doing the actual theft.
I know what I would do if I were the manager. I would notify the person who is in charge of the district's loss prevention, have them subpoena phone records of store loss prevention employees during the time of the thefts and see if any are calling another one during that time period.

Prepper2012 said...

Bro,never shop at Blowes.

Anonymous said...

Inside job !

Anonymous said...

Always park with the sliding door facing the store and so you can see the rear doors as well.95% of work vans do not have sliding doors on both sides,but they all have rear doors.

Anonymous said...

I would bet that Lowes did not even look at the video because they did not want to deal with it. There is probably not even a Loss Prevention person in the store because of low volume. You are going to need lawyer to see the video yourself.

Anonymous said...

It would seem that Lowe's was on notice that there was theft occurring in that area and should have ensured that the camera system was operating.

Anonymous said...

maybe you should start locking your doors??

Anonymous said...

All doors were locked, except the back panel door, which was somewhat blocke by
the trailer being hitched on to the van.
And it was used to get in and out of the van. The compressor itself was tied
with bungee cord wrapped around the handle and stretched to the inner post. So,
in actuality the perpetrator(s) would have to spent at least minute or two to
get this done inside the vehicle. It''s not just open, grab and go. Also with
the size and weight of this compressor it will not fit into the trunk or back of
any car. It has to be a pickup truck or van, kind of like 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
extended cab, maybe? Two-tone burgundy & silver color, maybe?

Anonymous said...

Same thing happen today with one of our trucks at Home Depot in Salisbury. And yes it was locked.

Anonymous said...

Is that the actual vehicle description 3:03?

Anonymous said...

Blowes.... ha ha thats funny!
I don't shop at Blowes either!

Anonymous said...

The best work vehicle security system is a dog that believes that the truck is his home. Leave it running with the heat/AC on depending on the season and if someone decides to try and steal your tools, just follow the blood trail.

Anonymous said...

So what does this story have to do with Lowes in Seaford other than you were parked there?

Anonymous said...

Send a "bait car" there and be done with it.

Anonymous said...

Soooo the police took a report, investigated, and found nothing ? Sooo your issue should be with yourself for leaving your vehicle unlocked. Not the police or the business you were at.