Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, December 12, 2013

CARSON: Why Did The Founders Give Us The Second Amendment?

When I was in high school, I joined the ROTC initially because I was attracted to the uniforms. I figured they would provide an opportunity to escape the constant berating by fellow students owing to my outdated clothing. I was fascinated with the guns and became an excellent marksman, winning several marksmanship awards.

I also led a drill team, which was very advanced with the art of disassembling and reassembling military rifles in record time. I advanced through the ranks, eventually becoming the city’s ROTC executive officer and was offered a scholarship to West Point.

I gained great respect for the military and its role in procuring and maintaining our freedom. I also gained great appreciation for firearms, as well as an understanding of how they can be used for great good or great harm.
More

4 comments:

AMEN said...

AMEN

Anonymous said...

Our future president.

Chuck Cook said...

Jim Ireton for Governor.

Anonymous said...

I Love this Guy