Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 02, 2013

Seattle Officials Call For Ban On 'Potentially Offensive' Language

Government workers in the city of Seattle have been advised that the terms "citizen" and "brown bag" are potentially offensive and may no longer be used in official documents and discussions.

KOMO-TV reports that the city's Office of Civil Rights instructed city workers in a recent internal memo to avoid using the words because some may find them offensive.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got to be joking! I'm a citizen and proud of it. What will the liberal democrats think up next. Are they saying I can't take my lunch to work tomorrow?

Anonymous said...

So I guess I can't order dark meat at at fried chicken place in Seattle because my skin color isn't dark? Wth

Anonymous said...

I guess they can add the following to their list of things that might be offensive. White out, white bread, white milk, no talking about tooth whitening while at work. Does anyone see how insane this sounds. Can they still wear loafers to work or will that offend someone also.

Anonymous said...

LOAFERS! Too darn funny.
Yup, it's racist too.