Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Letter To The Editor On Humane Society

JOE- I contacted the Wicomico County Humane Society to ask how many dogs one can have at one house in Salisbury, I was told since I lived in the city they would not answer my question. I pay Wicomico County taxes as well as live in Wicomico County and they don't mind asking us for donations and help. I was told I had to call the city well I did and they don't have the answer all though they are going to help on another related matter. Do you know the answer or any of your readers out there? I am asking because there is a dog pen facing the city street, just a few feet from the street with 4 -5 pitbulls, but could be any breed really, but they bark all the time 24/7 (owners fault because they don't care) they were raised inside and in recent months are all outside and they are not adjusting well, probably upset because they feel neglected. Is there a limit is what I'm asking, are pens with multiple dogs even allowed? Thank you for a place to get answers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

noise ordinance is 25 feet. Just keep calling the police.

Anonymous said...

Definately, keep calling!!

Anonymous said...

Google it, I did, and found out no more than five animals per household without a permit. I typed in how many animals permitted per household in Salisbury, MD and the city code for such came up and I clicked on that.

Anonymous said...

Seatch ity code on line. I know there is a slecific number or call the city offive at 410-548-3140 tomorrow and ask.

Anonymous said...

Keep calling police & our less than illustrious, classless mayor will "shut you down". "No more than 2 calls" in as many years.