Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, January 03, 2013

Tim Hortons Customer Pays For Stranger’s Coffee, Others Pay It Forward For 228 Orders

We’ve always thought of the Canadians as a warm, friendly people, and now a bunch of Tim Hortons customers are proving just that: The chain started Random Cups of Kindness this holiday season, where it would pay the tab of random guests. But it didn’t stop there, after a whole slew of customers kept up the festive spirit by returning the favor for their fellow coffee drinkers.

The Winnipeg Press says on Dec. 21, a customer in the drive-thru line decided to pay for the order of the next vehicle. That caused a chain reaction of sorts, as customer then paid it forward for three hours and 228 orders. Hit me with that warm and fuzzy feeling, Canadians!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While attending a music festival in Canada a facebook now real friend knows I love coffee and gave me a gift card to Tim Hortons. With my to go cup filled I had some left on the card and gave it to the guy in back of me because living in Maryland I knew it would be a long time before I made it back. It is neat to surprise someone and then leave so they don't get uncomfortable. I did it at WaWa once when paying for my coffee. It is nice to be nice