Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 14, 2012

Taxing the Successful to Death

Writing this article I am sick to my stomach as my accountant has just left my office completing end of year taxes– literally sick and angered. I am the grandson of Holocaust survivors. I grew up in a single-parent household in the Bronx and attended New York City public schools. I started working in a local pizzeria at the age of 12, and then attended a state university, which I finished in 3 years while working. A few years later I started 5WPR out of a 400-square foot office. Today as I sit here, I am being penalized for my vow as a kid that my family will never want for anything and I will be successful.

December 2012 marks the 10th anniversary since I founded this company as we now employ more than 100 people – and are one of the 20 largest US PR firms. Thankfully we do well and have healthy margins – I established a family foundation to give charity as I believe it is one’s obligation to give back to their community and important causes.

More 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure they will just DIE from being taxed at previously acceptable levels.