Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Billionaire Buffett Breaks With Obama Over Taxes

Billionaire investor Warren Buffett has stepped up his call for the government to impose bigger taxes on himself and others like him — but broke with President Obama, calling for everyone who makes under $500,000 to continue to pay the lower tax rates passed under President George W. Bush.

Mr. Obama has called for tax increases for those making $250,000 or more but has failed to push that through Congress. Many lawmakers say the $250,000 cutoff would hurt middle-class families at a time when they can't afford it.

The threshold for tax increases is one of the major issues Congress is trying to work out as it decides who will pay more taxes on Jan. 1.

More 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its easy to say that when your the 2nd richest man.

Anonymous said...

I tend to agree..500,00 K sounds more resonable along with major tax reform..and by the way I only make 80k with my house and investments I'd be close. So is the tax on your net worth if so I'm screwed dont have the cash to pay any higher taxes. If they take away mortage and pre tax med $ again I'm screwed. Before you all jump my case. I dont live lavishly but after my overhead. I do have minor excess cash maybe 2400 k a year...so Guess they want that too Look Im 53 and have worked all my life since 14. when do I get a break