Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 22, 2012

A Weekend To Remember

Before I moved here to the Eastern Shore I used to live in the Annapolis area. When my kids were children I used to take them to a place just a couple of miles from our home in Crownsville, the renaissance festival.

15 years later I called my Boys and said, how would you guys like to meet up on Saturday and take Marissa to the renaissance festival. To my surprise they immediately said yes. Little did we know this was the very last weekend of this incredible event and needless to say, it was packed.

We had three generations enjoying one of the most pleasant times I can remember. As many of you know, we have season passes at Busch Gardens and enjoy going there often but I have to tell you, for a day trip, this is even better.

No rides, just games and entertainment everywhere you turn. I'm guessing but I'd say there was a good 50,000+ people there on Saturday. If you've been, you know about the turkey legs they sell for $5.00 each. Anyone who goes has to try them out because they are fantastic.

It was $22.00 for adults and I believe it was $10.00 for kids. The games, (which were great for kids) were only $1.00 each. ALL of the food was extremely reasonable and the only thing we didn't like was that they had an African Elephant there, that was sad to see.

The kids loved the jousting and the costumes were really cool. When we were standing in line to pay to get in I saw all these people dressed up and I thought, why are these people paying to get in if they work here. It turns out a large majority of people visiting just dress up for the fun of it.

I highly recommend you put this place on your calendar of events for next year. It's about an hour and a half ride from Salisbury and well worth the trip.

GO HERE to learn more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed, went a few years ago, grand time, sorry to not have been back yet.

Anonymous said...

We used to go several times a year when Bill Huttel from Ocean Pines played the "King" Henry VII at Ren Fest. He passed 11 yeas ago, and although we still go occasionally, its just not the same without him.