Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Will Ron Paul Pull Off One Last Delegate Surprise

Does Ron Paul have one last surprise to pull on the Republican establishment prior to August’s GOP convention in Tampa, Fla.?

Well, perhaps we should ask whether the forces of Ron Paul have one last trick up their collective sleeve, as opposed to focusing on the Texas libertarian himself. That’s because Paulites in Nebraska appear on the verge of winning a plurality of delegates from their state to the Tampa confab.

If they manage to accomplish this feat at their state convention this upcoming weekend, then Representative Paul will have won a plurality of delegates from five states, since his supporters have already captured the largest share of delegate votes from Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, and Minnesota. Under Republican National Committee rules, that means he’d qualify to have his name officially placed in nomination, and he’d get 15 minutes to address the convention audience.

More

3 comments:

Bullard Construction said...

I'm voting for Ron Paul, and don't tell me that it's another vote for Obama. I've been swayed in that direction for the last 40 years of my voting life, and have these Bozos in office to deal with as a result. I'm voting for the one candidate that is correct, has the right intentions, and is willing to fight for a Constitutional America. I urge everyone to join me in this vote. No Romneycare; no Obamacare, but freedom to walk across a state line and purchase what I choose.

Alex said...

It's another vote for Obama.

Anonymous said...

Well the republicans knew that when they intentionally chased away Paul supporters and now you have someone totally unelectable as the candidate. The powers that be in the republican party would rather lose a presidentially election than put in someone who will cost them the power and influence that they have aquired by growing the federal government to its current size. I am voting for Ron Paul, because this election I want to be able to say I voted for the right man... not the lesser of two evils.