The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, July 30, 2012

More Kids Visit ER for Accidental Medication Ingestion

More and more children are ending up in emergency rooms after accidentally taking medications designed for adults.

"We are seeing an increase not just in our E.R., but region-wide," says Dr. Erik Schobitz, who works in the pediatric emergency room at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital.

It's part of a national trend. Safe Kids Worldwide, an advocacy group for child safety, reported earlier in 2012 that roughly 165 children in the U.S. are rushed to emergency rooms each day after finding and taking medications.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uh Oh!! They should ban all medications.