Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Aren't We Fortunate To Be Seniors!

A friend of mine was sitting on a lawn, sunning and reading, when he was startled by a fairly late model car crashing through a hedge

and coming to rest on his lawn.

He helped the elderly driver out and sat her on a lawn chair.

“My goodness” he exclaimed, “you are quite old to be driving!”

“Yes” she replied, ” I am old enough that I don't need a license.”

“The last time I went to my doctor, he examined me and asked if I had a driver's license.”

I told him "yes" and handed it to him. He took scissors out of a drawer, cut the license into pieces and threw them in the wastebasket.”

“You won’t be needing this anymore,” he said.

So I thanked him and left.

No comments: