Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Md. Proposes Baby Bumper Pad Ban Next Year

Maryland's health department on Friday officially proposed the first statewide ban on the sale of crib bumper pads in cribs to begin next year.

The proposed ban would start June 21, 2013.

The department started investigating the risks the pads pose to infants last year. Since then, the department has convened a panel of health experts, held two public meetings and reviewed public comment.

"The safety and health of infants in Maryland is our first priority," said Dr. Joshua M. Sharfstein, secretary of the Maryland Department of Health and Human Hygiene. "After an extensive year-long review of the evidence and thoughtful consideration of public comment, we agree with our expert health advisors that baby bumper pads pose unreasonable risks to infants."

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

please government, get out of our lives. stop trying to micro-manage every part of our life. enough is enough !

Anonymous said...

I'm so sick of our government making rules to protect us from ourselves!
I used a baby bumper when my son was an infant, no harm. I also had a crib where the sides lowered down, no harm.
I noticed the other week at one local store, you can't even buy a crib that has the side rails that lower anymore!
I'm only a little over 5 ft. tall. If I was to have a child now, I'd run the risk of DROPPING the child just putting it in the crib and there's no way I'd be able to get the child out if it was laying down.
I'm so sick of all these STUPID laws and regulations that our government has imposed only because a few STUPID people were harmed by one thing or another!

Anonymous said...

It's not the perfect salve, but it's obvious that Apple
has just put into play with its latest sexcam smartphone.


my web page :: sexcams