Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Public Eye

There was a time when I would just as soon stuff a pair of bobcats down my pants as take a commercial airline. Nothing in particular caused this, not even the 90-degree flip my plane once did as I was flying out of Houston seated next to the owner of a Chinese restaurant.

I will tell you this: Chinese is an interesting language, especially when it is spoken at such a high pitch, although “Aiiiiiieeeeeeee!” translates pretty well in all languages.

My fear of flying, which eventually went away just as it arrived, for no particular reason, made me think about the recent episode of the American Airways flight attendant who, right before the plane approached the runway for takeoff, screamed over the intercom, “This plane is going to crash!”

And welcome aboard to you too.

More

No comments: