Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Chick-Fil-A Confirms: Viral Homophobic Hiring Flier is a Hoax

Chick-fil-A has denied to Metro that the chain has anything to do with a viral photo of a hiring notice that boasts a religious and homophobic agenda.

A photo of the flier is rapidly spreading online. It has a Chick-Fil-A logo with the message, "Thank you NYU for keeping Chick-Fil-A part of your family. We are now HIRING!"

The outrage, though, sparked over the fine print:

Remember Chick-Fil-A is a Christian company. We strive to have our values reflected in our employees. Please be prepared to discuss your religion, family history, personal relationships, etc., upon interviewing. Chick-Fil-A reserves the right to question, in detail, your sexual relationship history. The Bible and Chick-Fil-A define a traditional relationship as consisting of a man and woman. Anyone living a life of sin need not apply. The Chick-Fil-A foundation. God, Family, Tradition.

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its their company they should be able to hire whom ever.the government should not be allowed to tell me who I can and can't hire.why should I allow a gay to work for me when my Christian values condone it? It infringes on my religious believes.oh that's right the only religion accepted in this country is Islam! No Christian church it meeting in school or the government buildings yet they accommodate special prayer areas for Muslims.

Anonymous said...

dittos 5:54. government stay out of my life.

Anonymous said...

Hey, 5:54: "why should I allow a gay to work for me when my Christian values condone it?"

If your religion condones it, then that means it is allowed. That is what condone means.

You probably mean "condemn" which is different from "condem," which your religion may also condemn.

Vocabulary is important, even when you are ranting at windmills.

Also the last sentence does not make much sense. I suggest taking a deep breath, saying a little prayer, and asking Jesus for the power to condemn those you disagree with.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry my not so smart phone isn't as smart as you either!
No Christian churches or meetings in the government meetings.is that better?

Now that you want to play teacher.....switch from third grade English and gear into sixth grade social studies.then maybe you'll be able to teach about the real point here.

Anonymous said...

All of you, SHUT UP!!!

God I am tired of stupid people.

Anonymous said...

just another attack on right wing christian values.

"The Naked Communist" - read the goals. were already there!