Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, February 20, 2012

Getting Back To Reality

It's been a while since I've said this but I have a little bit of spare time and I want to thank each and every one of you.

It was almost 8 years ago when I started Salisbury News. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think we'd grow to what we've become. I say that because there have been some very serious road blocks along the way.

I started Salisbury News because our local media refused to expose things I felt were extremely important. I saw their agenda and it was, (in my opinion) not what the citizens needed to know.

I had to fight fire with fire in the beginning and quite frankly my Bronx style of reporting didn't sit well with many, especially those in which we were exposing. Nevertheless, over time we toned things down quite a bit. We provided documents, photographs and information those nay sayers did not want exposed.

The next thing I knew there were multiple lawsuits, all of which I walked away victorious. I didn't let those nay sayers bring us down and today we have something we couldn't have achieved without your help.

Our Contributors deliver information you cannot get anywhere else. Our viewers send us information that is not only real time, it blows the doors off the local MSM too afraid to expose something that they might get backlash from public officials. You know, like the "play nice" Mayor.

Salisbury News is a success because together we now have a place in which tens of thousands of people every day rely on. Oh sure, it's easy for the nay sayers to claim we're not telling the truth. However, you just keep one thing in mind. We have gone after many people. We have exposed more information than anyone else out there. Now think about ALL of those names we have exposed and think, are they still working here? Did they get re-elected? NOPE, they're gone.

There will always be people who disagree. There will always be that crowd who SAYS they never go to Salisbury News. Well, guess what, they're full of it. More importantly, because the local media has refused to either publish important information and or are too afraid to put stories out there, together we have achieved something they are no longer trusted to tell.

Salisbury News is YOU. Without all of YOU, without all of your help we would have never achieved what we have achieved. Yeah, I sit here sometimes 16 to 18 hours a day fielding phone calls, reading documents and publishing information. However, YOU are providing that information, those tips, those pictures and when we reach out to YOU and ask for your help, you always come through. Ringing the bell, attending fundraisers, helping to hand out Turkey's during the Holidays. More importantly, think about all that we have done together to help others on the Shore who are less fortunate. This is also done because of our advertisers.

However, remember one thing. Our advertisers would NOT be successful with their advertising if it wasn't for all of YOU. So you see, it's a team effort. I'm just the guy who has a place to put it all. YOU make it all work and I can't thank YOU enough for all of that support.

In closing, when those nay sayers send out letters lying about who I am, using my Son's name because they're not man enough to make such statements in fear of being sued, slam the door in their face. Hang up the phone when they call. Call the Police if they continue to harass you. These are the people/businesses who have been exposed. Let them know, WE'RE not going to take their crap any more. Together we make a difference. Just remember one thing. I do NOT have to do what I do here every day. I retired 10 years ago and quite frankly I never worked harder in my regular career than I have in the past 10 years. I could sell my properties and go someplace nice and warm all year round. Man, that really does sound nice, eh?

THANK YOU!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Joe but please stick around. We need our state to get back to the two party system and only with people like you who are able to get out information will we once again be informed.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Anonymous said...

I shudder to think what Salisbury would look like if not for this blog.

Anonymous said...

You're an asset to our community. I moved from the area in 06, and really had no way to "keep up" with the news from back home. A friend turned me onto sbynews, and I've been checking it out everyday since. Thank you Joe!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for providing us with a forum to express our views.

Anonymous said...

Joe I remember befor you toned it down I thought you were great you made me LMAO but I still know that this is the only place to get the real news.

lastword said...

One of the best things is the readers' comments. And not having to use our real names or Facebook account to post them.

Unfortunately that also allows some to post comments that are 'undesirable' to say the least. But we have to take the good with the bad.

Most of the ones who get pissed at you and will die trying to discredit you are usually the ones you have exposed for who and what they really are.

Their continued attacks on you and your family only serves to dig their hole deeper and I don't think most pay them any mind.

So thank you and keep moving forward.

Anonymous said...

The delusional guy is Joe Carmean from the Daily Times.

maurice said...

joe,just another thank you for all you do.i talked to you at the eagles bull/oyster roast for the first time.keep going!!!!!hats off to you for all you do

Anonymous said...

The delusional guy is Joe Carmean from the Daily Times.

February 20, 2012 3:47 PM



And you have proof of this?