Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Salvation Army Bell Ringer Fired For Handling Cash


WASHINGTON - A local Salvation Army bell ringer has been fired after mishandling a donation outside a grocery store.

A listener contacted WTOP after she was stopped from dropping a dollar into the Salvation Army kettle outside the Tenleytown Safeway.

"He stopped me, took the dollar and put it in the apron he was wearing and said the pot was full," the listener wrote in an email.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since Salisbury is all volunteers, is Mike Lewis and Steve Hammond paid to represent the Salvation Army?

JoeAlbero said...

anonymous 4:03, I highly doubt that. I'm not saying its impossible but like I said, I highly doubt it. If they did, I, for one, would be highly pissed. Is there something you know that we don't?