Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, April 09, 2011

Federal Employees Will Receive Backpay for Not Working


The last time the Federal Government shutdown was during the Clinton Administration - 1995.


Back then I was working at the Wallops Island NASA base for a private contractor. In 1995 while the federal budget was being negotiated - just like the action going on today - I was advised by my Supervisor to assume the responsibilities of the federal staff as they were being furloughed because of the budget impasse. Well folks - I am here to inform you that while I was out there 'mashing the potatoes' all of the federal workers were 'lapping-up the gravy.' You see what happened was that when the budget crisis was resolved - the federal workers - GOT PAID FOR NOT WORKING. That's right - when they returned to work they were paid for the days that were missed.


So when Obama said during last nights television interview - that there would be 800,000 non-essential federal workers to be without paychecks - I can assure you he WAS LYING. How do I know - because I was there the last time this event occurred.


This time I say 'shut her down' till the cows come home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard a comment on the radio yesterday that hit home... Where in the private sector do you find "non" essential workers (and he has 800,000) that says a lot about the business sense of this president if they are truley "non-essetial" send them home with a pink slip the unemployment would cost less than thier salery

Anonymous said...

Isn't there anyone out there that can do something about our run-a-way government?

This is incredible - to pay people for not working. Not only are the taxpayers footing the bill for underperforming federal employees - but we are also paying them not to work!

Please - someone help me to figure this mess out.

Anonymous said...

If the shut had occured , it would not affect any part of the nation.
There is no productivity in the government , 1 out of 10 works and earns their pay. I was hoping for a shut-down , it would prove that the government workers are slackers and lazy.
They do nothing at work now , so , if we had a shut-down , they would not be missed. GET IT!!
Been there , done it!!
People sleeping at their desks and hiding , not showing up for work and others protecting them.
Long live this sick country!
Ain't that right Jesse and Al.

Anonymous said...

The only reason they didn't have a shut down is because taxes are due in a week. They would have to allow everyone to file extensions. If you note they extended only by a week which would be April 16th. Just an observation.

Anonymous said...

the Government shut down when Obama was elected. Or should I say King Obama-bow down and worship him...

Anonymous said...

I really had no idea that the federal workers were paid the last time a shutdown occurred.

I was truly amazed to learn this information when I read Beazer's posting. However - I did hear our President say that he was concerned for the 800,000 federal employees who would not be receiving a check in the even of a shutdown.

So our President is involved in misleading the general public. I hope everyone remembers Obama's Presidential innuendo regarding this subject.