Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, April 09, 2011

Annual Fruitland Chamber of Commerce Easter Parade and Fruitland Recreation Easter Egg Hunt



Come out to St. Johns United Methodist Church to eat breakfast.  It runs from 7:00 -10:00.  The menu is eggs, biscuits, scrapple, bacon, sausage, apples, coffee, juice, and milk all for a Freewill offering

This years parade will begin at 10:00 am at the Fruitland Primary School, run down to City Hall where it will run up Main St, turn right onto Brown St. ending at the Fruitland Recreation Complex.  This is the largest parade one yet!  This year PAC14 will be airing the parade.

The parade will feature old and new automobiles, trucks from several fire departments, the UMES marching band, horses, etc.  Come out to meet Wicomico's Hero's Fernando and Alexis Guerrero!  Follow the Easter Bunny at the end of the parade to the Little League Fields to take part in the Easter Egg Hunt.

The Easter Egg Hunt, will start approximately ten minutes after the parade ends.  With 4,000 eggs to find there will be enough for everyone.

Park once to welcome spring in and enjoy the festivities!Pollen is in the air again, and the baby bunnies are starting to venture forth into the yards.  Birds are singing in the trees and starting to gather bits of stick and string and whatever else they think might make a good nest for their eggs.  Spring is here, and with it the annual Easter Parade in Fruitland!

14 comments:

Fruitland Girl said...

OMG! I just left Critter Getters You should see this float!!!! Too Cute!

Anonymous said...

I don't see a date for this.

Anonymous said...

It's on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Are the Fruitland Falcons participating?

Anonymous said...

hello? nice to know what time this is, how about what day this is?

Anonymous said...

F.y.I. women supporting women will be in the parade walk .this is a BREAST CANCER support group of volunteers. please shoW your support by wearing PiNK .WE LOVE OUR WOMEN so lets save the tatas..semper fi

Joseph Albero said...

SBYNews.com will also be in the Parade.

Anonymous said...

11:24 Footsie the mascot will be in the parade.

Saturday, April 9th. Parade starts at 10:00

Anonymous said...

1:42 I guess you didn't see the time clearly listed. It's this Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Love Footsie! Thanks

Anonymous said...

Joe, you looked good in that car!

Anonymous said...

I watched the parade and thought it was the best one ever. Congrats to the Fruitland Chamber and City of Fruitland for providing such a good "small town America" free event for the community. I love this town and love the Eastern Shore!

Anonymous said...

Loved the UMES band and fine bandfront.Also liked the car designed like an Easter egg and the pretty horsedrawn carriage. Kudos to Unsung Hero Kim Marshall and Citizen of the Year Bunk Mann. Both awards are well deserved. Also liked your car Joe!!

Anonymous said...

The UMES band took me back to my marching days with Bennett (Jr). Harry the Hawk, your my new BFF with that bobble head thing you do. If I hadn't met you before the parade and knew what you look like I never would of guessed it was you.

Mr. Lewis, thank you for providing my transportation. Your car is beautiful!!

The group with the corvettes...you guys rock!! Especially the one with the red one up front...Thank you for being such a good sport. We'll make sure you get THAT pic. Thank you Dizzy!!

Fernando and Alex...there are no words to describe you two gentlemen. Your Heros to all of us, especially to all of the children who look up to you. Hal, your the best!!

If I hadn't seen the egg-car myself...I never would of believed it. I wanna know...how??? That was so cool!

I could sit here the rest of the day and still leave someone out. This is why I love living in Fruitland...days like today!!

Joe...thanks for being part of the parade...and introducing me to your grandson. Nice young man!

I agree with 3:07...Bunk, you deserve being Citizen of the Year!! Can't wait to see THOSE pics from before the paeade. Glad I was able to answer that question you asked. lol

Joyce, it was great to see you and your family.

Fruitland Chamber...thanks for letting me help you with making today possible. Can't wait to do it again next year.

Kimmie