Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Delegate Seeks Illegal Immigrant Tuition Referendum

ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ/WUSA)-- It was a heated debate in Annapolis among lawmakers. And now that it's passed, the arguments continue to get more heated. The latest is a lawsuit and referendum.

Debate over illegal immigrants qualifying for in-state tuition is far from over.

"It's breaking my heart; this is my dream. I want to go to college," said Roberto.

The law goes into effect this summer unless a call for a referendum comes together in time.

"You can't have people violating the law and then receiving a benefit," said State Delegate Pat McDonough, R-Baltimore County. "Maryland has become the Disneyland of America for illegal immigrants."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are illegal. they should not be here. if it there dream enter the country legally then go to our tax payer funded colleges

Anonymous said...

McDonough is 100% right on!
They should not even be allowed to ATTEND the school, period!
Which one of your kids won't be able to attend because they have no more openings?
Think about it. These ILLEGALS are making MAJOR impacts!

Please Vote For Me said...

They are Job Security for the Democrats...

Unknown said...

This was the last straw for me. As a military member I pay state taxes each year, yet still owe come tax time. I understand that as an American, and a "resident" of Maryland I pay taxes. That is understandable. Yet, come tax time I still owe more to our "beloved" Maryland, while at most I spend 30 days a year there. Now Illegal immigrants can come to the state and use my tax dollars to go to college at a reduced price based solely on the fact that their feet are planted on the soil there. Screw that MD... I have officially changed my state of residency to Ohio, where I am not required to pay state taxes, since at most I'm there 30 days a year. Democrats... Damn Democrats...

Anonymous said...

To All Elected Officials: Before the next election I will check the voting record of all "in office" politicians. Any official who has voted FOR allowing illegals ANY benefit will not get my vote. If I do something illegal will I get special treatment or will I go to jail? Well, let me see... I'm white & don't speak Spanish. Guess it's jail.

Only in America said...

Wait till they write the Star Spangled Banner in Spanish and make your kids sing it...

Anonymous said...

college is free in mexico...isn't it?