Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Poem By Chuck Campbell: THE GIFT


Chuck wrote: "I began writing this poem when I was told by the hospital that I was considered a qualified applicant for their lung transplant program.

THE GIFT

My past has brought me to you. Your future will bring you to me. One of the hardest things for me to handle, Is not knowing just who you'll be. Your family has loved you. My family will. One thing I can promise you, Is that I will cherish you until... Your gift to me is a special one. My gift to you will be To take care of your gift until I am done. I wish we could have met in a different way. But meeting you now, I must say, Has given me a second chance at life. So, my new friend, You have left your family behind. But your gift will allow me More years with mine. God has always loved us all. And you're with Him now. So save me a place among the moon and the stars for when I get the call. And one day when we meet for a second time. A heavenly hug, Will be a gift of mine."

5 comments:

Cathy said...

very very nice. i love this.

so happy for chuck.

Tim Chaney said...

Sweet Chuck. Your blessing trickles down to all of us, and helps bring us all closer together. Peace

Anonymous said...

That is dear! Thanks for sharing with your readers.
Many, many Blessings to Chuck & his family!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This was beautifully written. You do have a second chance and I'm sure you'll do a great job of living every day to the fullest. May God continue to bless you and your family.