Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

I'll Never Return

It always cracks me up whenever I get that anonymous comment that comes through saying they'll never be back.

I'd guess that their purpose is supposed to make me stop in my tracks and perhaps pull that one Post that seems to have pissed someone off enough to send that bold, yet anonymous comment.

However, instead of my even taking a split second to get scared that I might just lose that ONE visitor, I laugh and think, if they only knew.

Salisbury News never loses traffic. We continue to grow each and every day. So if you really feel the need to make the comment you'll never be back, know that they never see the light of day and go right into the spam bin.

Speaking of spam, today we noticed something really cool. We looked in our spam file and couldn't believe just how large it was. It turns out Blogger is recognizing the IP Addresses of those anonymous comments we spammed and it is doing it automatically on their own now.

I'd say for every one person that says they'll never come back there's probably a thousand new people that come to this Site that had never been here before. Yeah, its out of control, isn't it. If you want more proof, Pohanka has a Midnight Madness Sale advertised right here on Salisbury News and they deliver 58 cars in one night. Its no wonder why we have so many advertisers while the nay sayers have nothing.

Here's an old saying I came up with several years ago. If you don't like what you're seeing here on Salisbury News there's a big red "X" in the top right hand corner of this screen that takes you directly to our complaint department. Because people like YOU are so important to us, we want to hear your complaint immediately.

Have a wonderful evening.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful evening reading your site Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Joe they will be back, they always are besides where are they going to get local news only you do!


Great Job :-)

Anonymous said...

I won't leave. I've come here daily for three years. I check it several times each day. I'm glad Blogger is working for you and for all of us. I didn't like reading the negative nasty comments.

Have a great day Joe and to all of your readers!

Anonymous said...

Joe, I will not only be back, but I will invite friends to check out your site. Where one leaves, two more take its place. Works for me.

Anonymous said...

Joe, like you say at the beginning of your blog "like you or not" you post opinions, that's why it is called a blog. I have something on my mind and wonder what you and your readers think. I'll try to keep it short. We are fighting two wars we don't belong in. Saddam is gone, and we are waisting our time in Afganistan. On the first day of "Helping Libya" we spent over a billion dollars to assist in a conflict we don't belong in. Maybe you and your readers will have some responses. We should pull out of the 2 countries we are in. After that lets try to do some good. First start, drilling for oil in Alaska, this is the biggest reason we are in the Middle East. After this we can give countries help. Begin with Haiti. they are still recovering from an earthquake. Then we can finish the job that should have been done a long time ago, clean up New Orleans. Your blog is for opinions, thank you for letting give mine, and I hope other people will give their opinion

Anonymous said...

Great...12:23 wants to send money to other countries first instead of fixing what is wrong in this country!?
While I agree with the beginning of your post, it angered me that someone would actually prefer to send more money OUT of this country first!

Anonymous said...

I am back and happy since you decided to allow the anonymous posts again.

Thanks a lot Joe