Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Daily Times Charging Online Readers

Joe,

Have you noticed that the Daily Times is charging to read articles?  I discovered it today.  I saw your post about the Sinepuxent Receipts cookbook.  I went to his link to read more and saw there had been an article in the DT.

So I did a search on their site for Sinepuxent Receipts which took me to the page.  You have your choice of reading a preview for Free, the whole article without pictures for $3.95, or the whole article as it appeared in the paper for $124.95!  Do they really think people will pay to read old news?

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/delmarvanow/results.html?st=basic&QryTxt=Sinepuxent Receipts

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/delmarvanow/offers.html?url=%2Fdelmarvanow%2Faccess%2F2265088081.html%3FFMT%3DFT%26FMTS%3DABS%3AFT%26date%3DFeb%2B10%252C%2B2011%26author%3DBrice%2BStump%26pub%3DDaily%2BTimes%26edition%3D%26startpage%3Dn%252Fa%26desc%3DThe%2B%252480%252C000%2Bcookbook

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/delmarvanow/item.html?pp_date=20110210&author=Brice+Stump&doc_title=The+%2480%2C000+cookbook&edition=&pub_page=n%2Fa&pptl=results

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Daily Times only keeps article up for 2 weeks and after that you have to pay. I've not cared for that paper for years and then the changed the format which I don't like. Then the last straw was a few months ago they had up a recipe for Sour Beef and Potato Dumplings. I went out and bought the ingredients but didn't make it right away. When I went to find the recipe on their website it was gone gone gone and couldn't be accessed without paying so now I'm gone gone gone and refuse to go to their site anymore!

Anonymous said...

Most daily newspapers charge for
archieved articles.

Jamie Lee said...

If you really would like to read an article, it doesn't hurt to call up and ask someone if they could find a copy for you. I know there are some people who would happily take the time to rummage through and find an article you want to read or send off a copy of a recipe. :)