Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, January 14, 2011

Sainthood Next? Pope John Paul To Be Beatified

May 1 ceremony is expected to draw hundreds of thousands of pilgrims

The late Pope John Paul II was moved a major step closer to sainthood in the Roman Catholic Church on Friday when his successor approved a decree attributing a miracle to him.

The move by Pope Benedict means that John Paul, who died in 2005 after a papacy of nearly 27 years, will be beatified. Beatification is the last step before sainthood. The ceremony will take place on May 1 in Rome.

Church officials have said the miracle attributed to the intercession of Pope John Paul with God concerned Sister Marie Simon-Pierre, a 48-year-old French nun diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, from which Pope John Paul himself suffered.

She said her illness inexplicably disappeared two months after his death after she and her fellow nuns prayed to him.

GO HERE to read more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reagan would not make the test for Republican candidate today. Reagan and religion? Make Obama look like the pope.

Anonymous said...

Holy Father, God please forgive me for my areas of weakness and helplessness regarding feeling my own country attacked me. Have mercy on me. And please help me with that Spirit of Unforgiveness and Resentment.as I lose my home, my dogs, my life here as US Citizen that was invalidated, and violated, my career destroyed as an RN, because of their attacks to me. I am trying. Thank you, Father for your forgiveness and my ability to speak the truth. Also, Father please BIND evil spirits that were sent to me and I keep rebuking that devil. But does he hold political office in the US like in Ephiasians? If a Pope can hide the truth possibly, why wouldn't a President? Please help me with that injustice and allow me comfort and peace. BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS. In Jesus' name. Amen.