Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 24, 2010

Salvation Army

Hi Joe,

I saw the charts posted yesterday and noticed all the empty slots still out there.  Now, my 10 year old daughter has always loved putting money in the kettles but we've never actually volunteered to ring the bell.  I decided to call and sign us up to help out.  Brie has such a big heart and I thought it would be a good experience for her. 

We stood today at Super Fresh and rang for an hour (I wasn't sure how Brie would hold up out in the cold and wind).  Let me tell you, she had a blast out there ringing the bell and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!  She learned the value of giving our time (and not just our money) to collect the donations for this wonderful cause.  When our relief came at noon, she was so into the spirit that she didn't want to leave :)

I'm sending along a pic I snapped of her by the kettle.  Thank you for posting up those empty slots so they could be filled!

Merry Christmas!

Deb C.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Hi Brie!! So good to see you out there helping out! good job! hope we see you over the holiday week!