Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Verizon To Charge You $3.50 To Pay Your Bill

Starting October 16, all Verizon Communications landline, FiOS, and DSL customers will have to pay a $3.50 fee if they pay their bills by credit or debit card. (Currently there are no plans to apply to same to wireless customers). The only way to get around it is to sign up for auto-billing. Verizon says the new fee is because they have a new vendor for processing credit and debit transactions, and they're passing on the lack of savings to you.

More »

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Change to Comcast and you may pay a little more but it is wort having tech support that isn't in India, or Phillapines who can't speak English and read from a book......and that is evern if you can get thru to them. I have been extremely happy with comcast.

Anonymous said...

Verizon...AKA the King of Customer Control! I recently cut all ties with Verizon.

-I dropped my Verizon wireless service and switched to AT&T (I LOVE AT&T!!!)
-Dropped my Verizon landline phone service because they were charging me $29.99/month for the 2 times that I MIGHT use my landline each month to order a pizza.
-I dropped my Verizon DSL (AKA Digital Slow Line) service and switched to Comcast internet.
-I have DirecTV because NOBODY can provide a better HD pictured than DirecTV!

I may pay more each month, but I don't have to worry about service issues or quality issues!

Anonymous said...

Delmarva Power does the same thing.
They all are making a killing by charging you 3-10 times more than what they are actually being charged. It would be different if it was actual cost. Seems everyone wants their hands in your checking account with the auto pay. I'll continue with the snail mail and checks.

Anonymous said...

Verizon and Delmarva power both suck we need more options especially with electric companies. I hear Comcast might do the cell phone thing I hope so !

Anonymous said...

Verizon is a RIP-OFF and has been for years.

Verizon has ripped people off for so long they think they are entitled to it.

Try getting some Customer Satisfaction or Service from Verizon. Does NOT exist and eventually they won't either.

When you start taking your customers for granted, someone else will start taking your customers.

It happened to me and I couldn't be more pleased.