Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Letter To The Editor

Dear Joe,

Good Afternoon, I don't know how to get in contact with you so this was my only choice. I am concerned with the way Eden's Head Start program is being opperated. I am a father of a child attending that school. This afternoon 10/14/10 his bus (962) was involved in an accident, sending all the children to the hospital. Luckily my son was on the first wave of children going home not the second run. My problem(s) is if something like this happens w/ Tots on the bus it would be logical to inform the what?.... the parents. But Eden Headstart didn't deem it neccessary to do so. With that they caused stress and Turmoil to the parents. This is the straw that broke the camels back for me. The lack of professionalism, and the carelessness makes this school unfit for children. Point blank there is no organization at this school and no one cares. It's as if the employees there are just "playing" school and enough is enough. Please help Joe. Thank you for hearing me out.

Sincerely,
Local Parent

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhh, your kid was already home. Why should they concern themselves with informing an uninvolved party during such an incident?

Anonymous said...

I agree wholeheartedly with this parent. I do not have all the facts yet, but I do agree that parents should have been informed as quickly as possible

Anonymous said...

I can understand getting the children transported first to make sure they were getting any care they may need. But the parents should have been notified 2nd.
I hope this school does not put this back on the bus company or driver because we all know they are not the ones with the contact information.

I wonder who if anyone will be held accountable for this!!

Anonymous said...

Can we hear from a parent that actually had a child on the bus when it was in the accident who didn't know where their child was?

Anonymous said...

I agree with the parent yes his child was home already however the parents should have been contacted that is what all the paper work was that we had to fill out for the emergency contacts for. It is a good thing they make the kids wear harnesses and seat belts on there beings they are so small. Joe i will be the one to speak up with you on this matter because my daughter also goes to this school and i feel the same way you do! Any parent would be frustrated over this matter, if they weren't i would think something is wrong.

Anonymous said...

Probally the person that ran the stop sign. It was not the bus drivers fault, so wait before you assume and blame someone when you don't know the facts!!!

Anonymous said...

No my child was not on the bus, but evidently I still had a relative on the bus or how else would i know so much? C'mon
I wouldn't just get on here and complain about something that i knew nothing about. It does not matter who's fault it was in the accident, its the fact of contacting parents asap. Nobody is a perfect driver so that is no the issue.

Anonymous said...

Annon 8:48<

Who the heck said anything negative about the bus driver or his capability to drive?? The point of the conversation (since you OBVIOUSLY lack the brain power to figure it out!) was to explain concern about the methods of contacting parents, or lack there of. NOT who was at fault in the crash. It amazes me that people may know how to turn on the computer but still do not understand simple comprehension.

Anonymous said...

This is not to be taken up on a blog...this should be taken up in a school meeting with the parents and the administrators. Unless you have a dog in the fight, don't get involved. How and when were these parents notified. It seems to me that parents were notified because all the kids have gotten home. Go through the proper channels with the school.

Anonymous said...

So don't send your kid there, it's not required education anyway. problem solved.