Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dignity Denied

ARLINGTON, Va. - Tim Langowski was working for Lane Construction at Arlington National Cemetery clearing away brush and debris with a bulldozer when he found something odd.
 
"I was working at the Cemetery in late spring, early summer of 2005. I was clearing some paths so we could do our survey work on the job and stuff, and I was coming around one of the small roads when I happened upon what I thought originally was a ball off a flag pole."
 
"I got off the [bulldozer] and I went and picked it up, and it actually had a cap on one side, and I turned it over, and on the other side the cap was not on it."
 
"It" was not what he thought it was. Langowski, 50, from Frederick, Md., was caught off guard and deeply affected by what he saw when he peered inside the ball.
 
"Inside that ball were actually some ashes," he says. "It was a sad thing to see."

GO HERE to read more.

No comments: