Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Remarkable Story

Back on February 13, 2009 I provided THIS ARTICLE. It was about several animals that had shown up at the Humane Society.

The dog I have posted above is an animal that was originally owned by a woman from California. She had her since birth. However, she had to put the dog up for adoption because she moved to France.

The Wicomico Humane Society somehow ended up with this animal and guess what, now the dog has been located in Texas and is in a shelter down there. How do we know, because she's was micro chipped.

We're working on contacting the Humane Society to see just who they adopted her to as her original owner, (now in France) is very concerned.

If you happen to know who may have adopted her, please contact me at alberobutzo@wmconnect.com. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this whole fiasco.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why didn't the orginal owner take the dog to France with her? Maybe the people who adopted the dog moved to Texas and couln't care for the dog anymore. So sad for the dog.

Anonymous said...

Rescue networks are better to put the dogs in than humane societies. Most rescue clubs have you to bring the adopted dog back to THEM if you can't keep it and they'll find it another home. That way, the dog's location is always tracked and it's never at risk of being put down.

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't our lame excuse for a Humane Society have that information?

cl said...

it is part of the 'contract' you sign with them that the animal has to come back to them...however it is hard for them to control that

Anonymous said...

Bless its heart. It looks scared.

Anonymous said...

My contract with the humane society was that if I was to want to get rid of the dog I had to bring it back there. I was charged extra for the microchip and was told that if it came to light that I didn't follow the contract I would be charged. I was charged extra and that was 15 years ago and my puppy id still happy as the first day! I don't really understand why it's hard figuring out who the original adopter was, that's the purpose of the mocrochip, to get them back if they ran away or were lost!