Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

If It Wasn't Anchored Down, It Was SOLD. Including The Anchor!










Pete Richardson had his work cut out for him yesterday as he auctioned off tens of thousands if items, most of which I call JUNK.

It simply amazed me to watch people buying complete junk. Mind you, there were a few prize items to be had but when I say few, I mean it.

Perhaps it was memorabilia, I don't know. There wasn't much there I would have considered buying but hundreds of people were there to scan through what they had. A friend of mine picked up an upright piano for $5.00. That's was a pretty good deal considering it was in tune and played quite well.

Two guys walked away with an anchor. Where the heck that thing came from, I don't know. It was there, it was for sale, it was sold. Lockers were selling for $12.00 a section, so even if it was nailed down it was sold.

Our next Post will discuss items some local politicians became quite upset over.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If memory serves me correctly, I believe the anchor was both of the 2 Bennett's school symbol because they were the Vikings and the Clippers. Hence the anchor, for the ships.

Anonymous said...

The anchor was probably sentimental value. I am surprised it was not moved to the new school. I remember the days when Wi-Hi would decorate the anchor blue and gold before the big game on Thanksgiving. Bennett would decorate our totem pole red and white. Big rivalry back them

Anonymous said...

Richard for prom queen.

Anonymous said...

Even the flag sold for $5.00. Seems Old Glory isn't worth much to some.

Anonymous said...

the anchor was pulled out of the water by none other than Mr. Bolher the one that was injured about 7 years ago in the bike accident. I went to high school with his daughter it had been at JMB since he was in high school

Anonymous said...

As a Bennett alumni I'm very dismayed that the administration would think it ok to sell the anchor. That anchor has been many shades of blue and green over the years but its truly a symbol of the school and the many students that went thru there. Where is the logic...just because it was part of the old school it should be discarded?!

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why some of the items were not saved to be used in the new school. To even sell the lawn care equipment!! What the hell ,I guess we don't have to cut grass at the new school. Just an example of the county frivalously wasting money !!!!! Waste, Waste Waste !!!!

Anonymous said...

FYI, not all items auctioned came from JMB... Some items were from other schools... I know some of the wood shop equipment came from pittsville school